Human Social Attributes & Qualities
Human non-player characters, NPCs, have the same Social Attributes as elohim. Their values cannot be increased to the same extremes as elohim values. The following descriptions help translate the values into relatable terms. This will not only help in resolving gameplay interactions, but can also be useful in understanding more about the human's personality.
Human Social Attributes
A human's Skills will range any value from 0 to 7.
- 6-7 = Irresistible - a person who is so very influential in this way it almost seems unnatural
- 4-5 = Persuasive - a person that would be both gifted and quite practiced in this kind of influence
- 2-3 = Convincing - a person with a natural gifting or practice in this kind of influence
- 0-1 = Unskilled - a person with little or no ability to affect this kind of influence
A human's Composure will range any value from -3 to 7.
- 6-7 = Immovable - a person who would seem unnaturally immovable by unwanted influence of this nature
- 4-5 = Resistant - a person who is exceptionally resistant to unwanted influence of this nature
- 2-3 = Strong - a person who is moderately resistant to unwanted influence of this nature
- 0-1 = Weak - a person with little or no resistance to unwanted influence of this nature
- -3, -2, -1 = Vulnerable - a person who is especially susceptible to being influenced in this way
Human Personal Qualities
Personal Qualities further describe human NPCs by addressing peripheral qualities that affect how they will offer receive influence from others. These qualities can cause a human to be very receptive or very resistant to influence, be it holy or unholy, wise or unwise, benevolent or malicious.
Qualities with humans that will affect interactions with and between them.
Discipline - Prayer vs. Sin
This is reflective of the general balance of self-discipline the person exercises and their ability or willingness to deny their own impulses. Strong discipline leaves the person more free to respond the holy influence and able to deny unholy influence. Lack of personal restraint leaves the person less willing to respond to holy influence and more enticed by unholy influence.
The Discipline factor takes the form of a +/- or -/+ Modification to Composures Holy/Unholy influence.
- -3/+3 = Saintly - a remarkably self-disciplined person
- -2/+2 = Devoted - a devout, disciplined believer
- -1/+1 = Religious - a person who practices regiments
- +0/-0 = Moral - a well-intentioned person or an undisciplined believer
- +1/-1 = Self-Seeking - a generally self-interested person, may be a believer
- +2/-2 = Selfish - an intensely self-interested person
- +3/-3 = Wicked - a person abandoned to self-indulgence
Openness - Open vs. Closed
This is reflective of how receptive the person is to any outside influence. High openness makes a person more able to receive benevolent guidance, but also leaves them more vulnerable to those who would guide them into harm. A high degree of skepticism leave the person unmoved by anything they hear unless they have decided on it for themselves. A closed person is not easily led astray by others, but is also not easily directed in a positive way. A closed person is one who often needs to have thought of an idea themselves.
The Openness factor take the form of a + or - Modification to all Composures, regardless of the influence's nature.
- -3 = Naïve - a very naïve person who readily accepts all external guidance
- -2 = Impressionable - a person who in easily swayed
- -1 = Trusting - a person who prefers to give the benefit of the doubt
- +0 = Reasoned - a person who is not especially trusting or skeptical
- +1 = Cautious - a hesitant person
- +2 = Skeptical - a person who must decide everything for themselves
- +3 = Cynical - an incredibly skeptical person who rejects most things out of hand
Knowledge - Truth vs. Deception
This is reflective of the individual's knowledge of things that are true or belief in things that are false. A firm knowledge of truth will make the person more resistant to being fooled and more likely to align with wisdom. A person who is very deceived may strongly resist wise guidance or cling to a wrong course in their misunderstanding.
The Knowledge factor can grant a Boon or Bane to Holy or Unholy influence.
- Boon:2 Holy & Bane:1 Holy = Wise - a person who is exceptionally wise through study and understanding of truth
- Boon:1 Holy & Bane:1 Holy = Discerning - a studied person firmly rooted in the truth
- Boon:1 Holy = Astute - a person who is grounded in truth
- No Modifier = Unguided - an lightly under informed person; one as likely to know falsity as to know truth
- Boon:1 Unholy = Simple - a person who has ingested a fair amount of wrong information
- Bane:1 Holy & Boon:1 Unholy = Foolish - a person mired in false beliefs
- Bane:1 Holy & Boon:2 Unholy = Blind - a person hopelessly convinced of and invested in lies
Here is a format for detailing NPCs. The Net Social Details section applies the Qualities to the Composures for quick reference during play.
Unholy Excite Composure:
Unholy Soothe/Subdue Composure:
Unholy Affirm/Aim Composure:
Unholy Excite Composure: 2
Unholy Soothe/Subdue Composure: -1
Unholy Affirm/Aim Composure: 5
Excite Skill: 3
Soothe/Subdue Skill: 2
Affirm/Aim Skill: 0
George is an airplane mechanic that has been a believer since a young age. His experience has been limited to a very liturgical brand of Christianity. This has helped him build a strong discipline in his life. He is fairly inspiring and can be a soothing voice when one is needed. He is very resistant to being swayed from his chosen course of action. He does trust authority quite readily and believes the truth given to him, but unfortunately a lot of what he has seen as truth is religious superstition taught to him by his now deceased mother.
Excite Skill: 3
Soothe/Subdue Skill: 2
Affirm/Aim Skill: 0
Excite Composure: 2
Soothe/Subdue Composure: -1
Affirm/Aim Composure: 5
Discipline: Devoted -2/+2
Openness: Impressionable -2
Knowledge: Astute Boon:1 Holy