Introduction to Spiritual Effects
Ministering Spirits have been blessed with the ability to manipulate the spirit realm using their Resolve, or strength of will. The manners by which they accomplish this are called Spiritual Effects. These manipulations are taxing and so their strength of Resolve will determine how much influence they can extend.
Spiritual Effects are grouped in Families. These Spiritual Effects are related and are mastered in order of Progression, one Tier at a time. After learning all Spiritual Effects in Tier:1, they can start the Progression of Tier:2, and so on. The Ministering Spirit may not learn Spiritual Effects of a higher Tier than themselves.
(1st Spiritual Effect learned)
|(1st Tier 2 Effect)||(1st Tier 3 Effect)||(Only Tier 4)|
|(2nd Spiritual Effect learned)||(2nd Tier 2 Effect)||(2nd Tier 3 Effect)|
|(continue until Tier 1 completed)||(complete Tier 2)||(complete Tier 3)|
Below is a Key for interpreting some of the information contained in the Spiritual Effect Family Tables:
Tier is both a level of effectiveness the Spiritual Effect produces and the Tier the Ministering Spirit must be to learn the Effect.
Class categories identify details about how the Spiritual Effect works.
- Affecting Spiritual Effects cause some change for those affected.
- Manifesting Spiritual Effects produce an effect that is symbolically manifested.
- Immediate Spiritual Effects are used in the moment and do not need to be maintained.
- Ongoing Spiritual Effects can be maintained Cycle after Cycle with the continuing use of Resolve.
- Boosting Spiritual Effects provide some benefit to the recipient.
- Resistible Spiritual Effects primarily involve a non-Wearing effect that can be Resisted.
- Wearing Spiritual Effects center around Wear to either Endurance, Resolve, or Passion (WearE/R/P).
- Self Spiritual Effects are centered on the Ministering Spirit using the Spiritual Effect.
(Rules for resolving Resistible, Wearing, and Boosting Effects are found in the Rules & Gameplay book.)
Allotment is the amount of Resolve that must be dedicated to initiate or maintain the Spiritual Effect. The total Allotments of all Spiritual Effects in use by the Ministering Spirit cannot exceed the Ministering Spirit's Resolve. There are three different varieties of Allotments: Fixed, Compounding, and Variable.
- Fixed Allotments have an unchanging amount of Resolve dedicated toward their use.
- Compounding Allotments require one amount of Resolve to be dedicated for the first Target and then a 2nd, different amount each time an additional Target is added.
- Variable Allotments show a minimum and maximum amount of Resolve that can be dedicated toward the the use of the Spiritual Effect.
Effect is a summation of what the Spiritual Effect accomplishes. This will be an abbreviated version with full information available in the Spiritual Effect’s description.
The available Families of Spiritual Effects can be found in here:
- Bless Family
- Detection Family
- Heal Family
- Instrument Family
- Intercession Family
- Judgment Family
- Passion Family
- Perseverance Family
- Presence Family
- Restraint Family
Character Creation Notes:
When creating a Ministering Spirit, you can select a number of Spiritual Effects depending on how many Orders the Ministering Spirit is mixed with. Further Spiritual Effects are learned as the Ministering Spirit increases in Rank. A pure Ministering Spirit or a Dual-Order elohim that includes Ministering Spirit may start out knowing the first Spiritual Effect in three different Families. A Tri-Order elohim including Ministering Spirit may start with two Spiritual Effects and a Quad-Order starts with only one.